"The Plinkett Menace or - Mr. Plinkett Jumps the Shark .." is the fourth episode of the second season of the 789 Films animated web series, Mr. Plinkett: The Animated Series, and 10th episode of the series overall. It officially aired on May 4, 2013 on Blip, but debuted three days earlier at YouTube on May 1, 2013. The episode was animated and edited by Shaun McKinnon, combining preexisting voice-work by Mike Stoklasa and RedLetterMedia productions to create a unified story.
In this episode, Mr. Plinkett is kidnapped by Emperor Palpatine, who has a sinister plan for him. The episode is notable for the debut of Emperor Palpatine and the introduction of The Grabowskis as a television series in the animated universe.
While fishing, Mr. Plinkett is abducted and imprisoned by Emperor Palpatine, now a Disney stooge. After failing to escape, Plinkett is sent into the ocean depths to recover The Grabowskis Season 6 DVD from a submerged Blockbuster store. His trip is cut short when he is jumped by a shark.
Sources for the audio used in the episode include various RedLetterMedia productions.
The production studio's name is seen at the base of Emperor Palpatine's toilet.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 4, 2013). "Twitter / redlettermedia: Mr. Plinkett: The Animated ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 4, 2013). "Mr. Plinkett: The Animated Series – The Plinkett Menace". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- ↑ Red Letter Media, LLC (December 10, 2013). "Mr. Plinkett: The Animated Series – Ghost of Christmas Plinkett". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "The Plinkett Menace or - Mr. Plinkett Jumps the Shark.." on RedLetterMedia
- "The Plinkett Menace" on Blip
- "The Plinkett Menace" on YouTube