"The Hangover Part III and After Earth" is the seventeenth episode of the third season of film review web series Half in the Bag, and 54th episode in the series overall. The episode aired June 6, 2013 on Blip.
In this episode, the conclusion of the Hipster Trilogy, Mike and Jay try to sabotage Mr. Plinkett's VHS viewing party.
Disguised with Pabst Blue Ribbons, Mike and Jay blend in with the hipster crowd at Mr. Plinkett's VHS viewing party. Jay, however, feels uneasy about the deception. Mike assuages Jay's fears by revealing his plan to destroy all the working VCRs in the vicinity using the magnetron bomb.
While waiting for the right moment to strike, they talk about The Hangover Part III and After Earth.
Mr. Plinkett tries to convince the hipsters to watch Night Court, but he is unable to sway their indifference. Seeing their chance, Mike and Jay spring into action, but their plan is also foiled by the hipsters' apathy. Frustrated by the hipsters, Plinkett gives an impassioned speech, which deeply moves Mike and Jay. The two relent and decide to let Plinkett watch his Night Court tape.
However, they soon learn that the party was just a ruse by Plinkett to gather and destroy all the working VCRs with his own magnetron bomb. All the VCRs are blown up, but Mike learns a valuable lesson.
Summary and ReviewEdit
The Hangover Part IIIEdit
“ The Hangover 3 is the third Hangover film, in name only, mainly because this film inexplicably has the plot of an '80s heist movie. The film stars our old friends from the Wolf Pack: Zak Galifinkas, Ed Helmsly, Bradley Cooper, and Kim Jon Little Penis. This time around the Wolf Pack is looking for Chow and a bunch of stolen gold that belongs to Marshall, a villainous kingpin character played by John Goodman, a man we can all agree is decade late on a massive heart attack.— Mike Stoklasa ”
“ After Earth takes place one thousand years after our planet has been destroyed. In the film, Will Smith plays Cypher Raige and his wife, Jaden Smith, plays his son, Kitai Raige. The two crash-land on the desolate planet, injuring Cypher to the point of being immobile, which means it's entirely up to Kitan, Kitar? Kitai to travel across the dangerous landscape to retrieve their spaceship's distress beacon, which leads to lots of exciting scenes of a kid walking around in the woods. Eventually, because things have to happen in a movie, Kitai fights the Cloverfield monster.— Jay Bauman ”
|Half in the Bag |
|On Cinema |
|Other reviews |
METACRITIC | ROTTENTOMATOES
|The Hangover Part III|| || N/A || N/A||30/100 |
|After Earth|| ¹|| N/A || N/A||33/100 |
¹ Recommended for 10-13 year old boys.
- Mike Stoklasa as Mike
- Jay Bauman as Jay
- Rich Evans as Harry S. Plinkett
- Tim Higgins as Mustache Hipster (uncredited)
Songs featured in this episode include:
- Everyone always complains about things on the internet!
- The Hangover Part III. Dir. Todd Phillips. Warner Bros. Pictures, 2013.
- After Earth. Dir. M. Night Shyamalan. Columbia Pictures, 2013.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 24, 2013). "Half in the Bag: Star Trek Into Darkness". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "After Earth". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "After Earth (2013)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ "The Hangover Part III". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ "The Hangover Part III (2013)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Half in the Bag: The Hangover Part III and After Earth" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag Episode 54: The Hangover Part III and After Earth" on YouTube