"The Avengers and CPHPIX Film Festival" is the tenth episode of the second season of film review web series Half in the Bag, and 31st episode in the series overall. The episode aired May 8, 2012 on Blip.
In this episode, now homeless and jobless, Mike and Jay head to the VCR Repair Shop for new work.
Dismissed from Mr. Plinkett's house, Mike and Jay are each evicted from their individual apartments after blowing their ill-gotten gains at the Indian casino. At the local dumpster, Mike finds Jay and they head to the VCR repair shop for new work.
Along the way, they pass by the Milwaukee Oriental Theatre, where The Avengers is playing. Jay does a few jobs and earns some money so that they can watch the film. The duo realizes too late that the screening is for the wrong Avengers movie. Luckily, Jay pirated the new movie beforehand.
Mike remembers he is scheduled to present some film review shorts at the CPHPIX Film Festival and abruptly leaves for Copenhagen. When he returns, the two continue their trek to the VCR repair shop.
Summary and ReviewEdit
Marvel's The AvengersEdit
“ I actually have a torrent of the new Avengers on my iPhone.—Jay Bauman ”
|Half in the Bag |
|On Cinema |
|Other reviews |
METACRITIC | ROTTENTOMATOES
|Marvel's The Avengers|| || N/A || N/A||69/100 |
- Jessi Nakles as Camera assistant
The episode was shot and edited between May 4 and May 8, and features many locations in Milwaukee, WI. The opening segment was filmed in the parking lot near Black Sheep MKE in Walker's Point, near the Milwaukee Repertory Theater on the Riverwalk, and outside the Riverside Theater on the Riverwalk, with establishing shots around the Oriental Theatre. Although the crew previously filmed in the Oriental Theatre for their video with Tommy Wiseau, all interiors were filmed instead at the Riverside Theatre, a venue in historic Milwaukee that has not screened films since the mid-1970s and now primarily hosts live music.
Order of locations in The Repair-men's Trek
The Repair-men's Trek from Half in the Bag S2E10 (2016). Digital visual capture. Above: The mapped out route for the repairmen based on the establishing shots and locations as presented in the film review web series Half in the Bag. In the episode, the repairmen pause at the Riverside Theater and, through the power of editing, they see the billboard of the Oriental Theatre, which is 2.2 miles away from the Riverside Theater. Mike's trip to Denmark is not depicted, as he leaves from and returns to The Oriental Theatre.
- I'd buy that for a dollar!
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 8, 2012). "Red Letter Media on Twitter: "http://t.co/twWGHMYE http://t ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 8, 2012). "Half in the Bag: The Avengers and CPHPIX Film Festival". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "The Avengers". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Marvel's The Avengers (2012)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- ↑ Landmark Theatres (November 24, 2010). "Fri & Sat, Dec 3 & 4 at Midnight at the Oriental Theatre! Writer/Direcector/Star Tommy Wiseau In Person Fri & Sat, Dec 3 & 4!". Landmark Theatres. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- ↑ Red Letter Media, LLC (December 8, 2010). "WHEN RED LETTER MEDIA MET TOMMY". tumblr. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- ↑ Garcia, Jessie (September 26, 2013). "Historic Milwaukee: Riverside Theater". TODAY’S TMJ4. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- ↑ Red Letter Media, LLC (May 8, 2015). "Red Letter Media on Twitter: "Half in the Bag: Avengers: Age ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- ↑ Red Letter Media, LLC (May 8, 2015). "Half in the Bag: Avengers: Age of Ultron". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- "Half in the Bag: The Avengers and CPHPIX Film Festival" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag Episode 31: The Avengers" on YouTube
- "Historic Milwaukee: Riverside Theater" presented by TODAY’S TMJ4