In this episode, the second part of the Hipster Trilogy, Mike and Jay learn that Mr. Plinkett is hosting a VHS party to acquire a working VCR, which could jeopardize their long-running scam. Their discussion of science fiction film Star Trek Into Darkness inadvertently attracts a Star Trek fan to their VCR shop.
The VCR revival has no doubt helped their bottom line, but Mike and Jay are of two minds about the increased business. Jay finds fulfillment in doing proper work, while Mike prefers the easy money of a good swindle.
When they learn Mr. Plinkett is hosting a VHS viewing party, Mike surmises that the party itself is a sham, a means for Mr. Plinkett to acquire a working VCR, which could put an end to the duo's long running scam. While brainstorming a way to stop Plinkett, they discuss Star Trek Into Darkness and their conversation attracts the attention of Richard Edlund Jr., a bona-fide Trekkie and a Truther.
Later, Mike builds a weaponized VHS tape using a microwave magnetron. He begins to explain his plan to crash Plinkett's party, but Jay is upset that Mike destroyed their only microwave.
Summary and ReviewEdit
“ Star Trek: The Fast and the Furious is the second film in the newly rebooted franchise by J.J. Abrams. The movie is essentially the same film as the first one: Kirk learns to be a leader, Spock gets emotional, Uhura and Spock have a lovers' quarrel, and some guy wants revenge. Things also blow up, but this time, things are more blow-upy.— Mike Stoklasa ”
|Half in the Bag |
|On Cinema |
|Other reviews |
METACRITIC | ROTTENTOMATOES
|Star Trek Into Darkness|| || N/A || N/A||72/100 |
- Mike Stoklasa as Mike, Plinkett voiceover
- Jay Bauman as Jay
- Rich Evans as Richard Edlund Jr. the Trekkie Truther
- Tim Higgins as Mustache Hipster (uncredited)
- Everyone always complains about things on the internet!
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 23, 2013). "Red Letter Media on Twitter: "A new Half in the Bag will be ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved January 16, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 24, 2013). "Half in the Bag: Star Trek Into Darkness". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved January 16, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Star Trek Into Darkness". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- "Half in the Bag: Star Trek Into Darkness" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag Episode 53: Star Trek Into Darkness" on YouTube