"Sinister and Paranormal Activity 4" is the third episode of the third season of film review web series Half in the Bag, and 40th episode in the series overall. The episode aired October 25, 2012 on Blip.
After accidentally killing Mr. Plinkett, Mike and Jay hire paranormal investigators to look into a haunting at the late Mr. Plinkett's house.
After Mike accidentally kills Mr. Plinkett, Mike and Jay bury his body under the house, hoping to steal his Medicare checks if his death goes unreported. When the power goes out, they hear strange noises and whispering. Suspecting that Plinkett's house may be haunted, they call upon local paranormal investigators.
During the examination of the house, the investigators experience a paranormal event. When Mike and Jay return to Plinkett's house, they find the investigators have unearthed a still living, but amnesiac Mr. Plinkett, who apparently caused "haunting" by scratching under the floorboards.
Mike and Jay express relief at the false haunting, but Plinkett explains that his house is actually haunted by a ghost girl. When Plinkett speculates that the ghost girl haunts his house out of boredom, Mike hires her to clean the VCR Repair Shop.
Summary and ReviewEdit
“ In Sinister, Ethan Hawke plays a true crime novelist that unnecessarily moves his entire family into the home of a recent mass murder to try and write a book about the unsolved crime. It turns out that not only this murder but a series of murders dating back centuries are the evil work of a demonic creature called Baghul played by a former member of the band Slipknot. Despite your first impressions based on the fact that the movie's villain is named Baghul, the movie is, in fact, not a comedy.—Jay Bauman ”
Paranormal Activity 4Edit
“ Paranormal Activity 4 is the new Paranormal Activity movie. It's about 90 minutes long and features actors pretending to be other people in a fictional setting called a movie. In this movie, something haunts people and then things happen. The scariest of which is the fact that people actually paid money to see this movie.—Mike Stoklasa ”
|Half in the Bag |
|On Cinema |
|Other reviews |
METACRITIC | ROTTENTOMATOES
|Sinister|| || N/A || N/A||53/100 |
|Paranormal Activity 4|| || N/A || ||40/100 |
- Mike Stoklasa as Mike
- Jay Bauman as Jay
- Rich Evans as Harry S. Plinkett
- Liz Shipe as Liz the Ghost Hunter of the Wisconsin and Milwaukee Area Paranormal Research and Investigation Society
- Zach McLain as Zach the Ghost Hunter of the Wisconsin and Milwaukee Area Paranormal Research and Investigation Society
- Keri Lynn SanFelippo as The Ghost Girl / Sarah Johnston
- Oooo ... get f***ed!
- Sinister. Dir. Scott Derrickson. Summit Entertainment, 2012. Film.
- Paranormal Activity 4. Dir. Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman. Paramount Pictures, 2012. Film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Red Letter Media, LLC (October 25, 2012). "Red Letter Media on Twitter: "Half in the Bag: Sinister ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Red Letter Media, LLC (October 25, 2012). "Sinister and Paranormal Activity 4". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Paranormal Activity 4". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- ↑ "Sinister". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- ↑ "Sinister (2012)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- Works cited
- "Jenny Nicholson on Twitter". jennyenicholson. August 26, 2016. Accessed March 2, 2017. <http://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/769355662660775936>.
- "Half in the Bag: Sinister and Paranormal Activity 4" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag Episode 40: Sinister and Paranormal Activity 4" on YouTube