In this episode, Mike and Jay attempt to extract a safe combination from their bosses, Rich and Jack, but they get sidetracked by a discussion about Pixels.
After seeing Pixels with Rich and Jack, Mike and Jay realize that their bosses have no intention of compensating them for their work. Although Mike tries to slyly extract the passcode to the company safe, he and Jay become sidetracked by a discussion about Pixels.
Rich and Jack gleefully fire Mike and Jay from the video game repair shop, but allow the duo to collect their things. As the unscrupulous video repair shop owners chortle, a snow-blind and angry Mr. Plinkett arrives to exact vengeance on Mike and Jay. Plinkett brutally murders Rich and Jack, and Mike and Jay return from cracking the safe to a bloodbath. Aware that Plinkett wants to murder them, Mike and Jay then pose as two different VCR repairmen and convince Plinkett to hire them for a VCR repair job. The duo celebrates the resumption of their VCR scam.
Summary and ReviewEdit
“ Pixels is the new Adam Sandler ... comedy [...] and everyone phones in their performance except for Brian Cox, who somehow is a professional still.— Mike Stoklasa ”
|Half in the Bag |
|On Cinema |
|Other reviews |
METACRITIC | ROTTENTOMATOES
|Pixels|| || || N/A||27/100 |
- Mike Stoklasa as Mike, "Mark", Plinkett voice-over
- Jay Bauman as Jay, "Jim"
- Rich Evans as Richard Edlund Jr. the Video Game Repair Shop Owner, Harry S. Plinkett
- Jack Packard as Jack
- No introduction.
- ↑ Red Letter Media, LLC (July 27, 2015). "Red Letter Media on Twitter: "Half in the Bag: Pixels: http://t.co ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- ↑ Red Letter Media, LLC (July 27, 2015). "Half in the Bag: Pixels". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Pixels". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Pixels (2015)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- Works cited
- "'The Martian' and 'Sicario'". Dir. Eric Notarnicola. Perf. Tim Heidecker, Gregg Turkington. On Cinema at the Cinema. September 30, 2015. Accessed August 16, 2016. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uim2th2Hm78>.