In this episode, Mike and Jay discover that Mr. Plinkett's house is scheduled for demolition. To pull off one final scam, they stall the construction worker with beer and a movie.
A microwave magnetron has destroyed all working VCRs in Mr. Plinkett's house and in the aftermath, Mike and Jay are re-hired by Mr. Plinkett to repair his VCR. The duo learns that the City of Milwaukee has scheduled the destruction of Plinkett's house to build a freeway, but Plinkett remains blissfully unaware.
Hoping to graft Plinkett for the last time, Mike and Jay request advance payment, however, Plinkett has run out of checks and must retrieve his checks from his old home. Their plan hits another snag when Richard Edlund Jr., a union construction worker, arrives to start the demolition. Mike and Jay appeal to Richard's indolence with an offer of cold beer.
The three stall for time at the repair shop while discussing Man of Steel. However, their scam fails when Plinkett learns of the impending destruction of his house. As Plinkett packs up his life, he releases Mike and Jay from their contract. Resigned, the three leave.
Richard then returns with a sledgehammer and joyously destroys Plinkett's home.
Summary and ReviewEdit
“ The Man of Steel is a new reboot of a remake to a sequel of Superman. It stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, a 7-11 logo, and Kevin Costner as a Sears logo. In this film, Superman punches a bunch of energy while Metropolis is destroyed and all of its citizens die, except for Laurence Fishburne and a secretary. General Zod also wants the Kodak to save Krypton.— Mike Stoklasa ”
|Half in the Bag |
|On Cinema |
|Other reviews |
METACRITIC | ROTTENTOMATOES
|Man of Steel|| || N/A || N/A||55/100 |
Mike, Jay and Rich discuss Zack Snyder's directorial style, Superman IV: Quest for Peace, and the new directions for the future Justice League movie.
- Mike Stoklasa as Mike
- Jay Bauman as Jay
- Rich Evans as Harry S. Plinkett, Richard Edlund Jr. the Union Construction Worker
- I don't even know what this show is happening ...
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (June 20, 2013). "Red Letter Media on Twitter: "Half in the Bag: Man of Steel ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (June 20, 2013). "Half in the Bag: Man of Steel". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Man of Steel". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Man of Steel (2013)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Half in the Bag: Man of Steel" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag: Man of Steel" on YouTube
- "Half in the Bag Extras: Zack Snyder, Superman IV, and The Justice League" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag Extras: Zack Snyder, Superman IV, and The Justice League" on YouTube