"Iron Man 3 and Pain & Gain" is the fifteenth episode of the third season of film review web series Half in the Bag, and 52nd episode in the series overall. The episode aired May 9, 2013 on Blip.
In this episode, the first part of the Hipster Trilogy, Mike and Jay take a well-deserved lunch break after the VCR repair business takes off.
The Lightning Fast VCR Repair shop has become inundated with work due to a revival of the VHS format by hipsters. After Mike wakes from his nap, he and Jay take a lunch break.
Meanwhile, upon finding his Night Court tape, Mr. Plinkett realizes his VCR is still broken. He uses the Yellow Pages to track down Mike and Jay and is shocked when he sees the duo repairing VCRs.
Summary and ReviewEdit
Iron Man 3Edit
“ Iron Man 3 is the first post-Avengers film in the Marvel films universe. It stars Robert Downey Jr. as an overpaid actor inside a tin can suit who fights evildoers as the superhero, Iron Man 3. His enemies this time include Guy Pearce as an old acquaintance with a grudge, Ben Kingsley as an old man with a beard, and Shane Black as an old school Hollywood screenwriter with an over-reliance on witty dialogue.— Mike Stoklasa ”
Pain & GainEdit
“ Pain & Gain is the latest film from critically acclaimed filmmaker, Michael Bay. [...] Most of the movie is in focus and Ed Harris shows up for a little while to remind the audience what it's like to have feelings towards something on screen other than pure hate and depression.— Jay Bauman ”
|Half in the Bag |
|On Cinema |
|Other reviews |
METACRITIC | ROTTENTOMATOES
|Iron Man 3|| || N/A || N/A||62/100 |
|Pain & Gain|| || N/A || N/A||45/100 |
Mike and Jay talk about Robert Downey Jr. and his essential role in the Iron Man film series' success.
- Mike Stoklasa as Mike
- Jay Bauman as Jay
- Rich Evans as Harry S. Plinkett
- Tim Higgins as Mustache Hipster (uncredited)
- F*** all this stupid popcorn shit!
- Iron Man 3. Dir. Shane Black. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, 2013. Film.
- Pain & Gain. Dir. Michael Bay. Paramount Pictures, 2013. Film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 9, 2013). "Red Letter Media on Twitter: "Half in the Bag: Iron Man 3 and Pain ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (May 9, 2013). "Half in the Bag: Iron Man 3 and Pain & Gain". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Iron Man 3". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Iron Man 3 (2013)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ "Pain & Gain". Metacritic.com. CBS. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- ↑ "Pain & Gain (2013)". RottenTomatoes.com. Flixster. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Half in the Bag: Iron Man 3 and Pain & Gain" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag Episode 52: Iron Man 3 and Pain & Gain" on YouTube
- "Half in the Bag Extras: More Iron Man 3 Talk" on RedLetterMedia
- "Half in the Bag Extras: More Iron Man 3 Talk" on YouTube