"Back to the Plinkett" is the second episode of the third season of the 789 Films animated web series, Mr. Plinkett: The Animated Series, and 14th episode of the series overall. It aired October 12, 2013 on Blip, but debuted October 9, 2013 on YouTube. The episode was animated and edited by Shaun McKinnon, combining preexisting voice-work by Mike Stoklasa and RedLetterMedia productions to create a unified story.
In this episode, after becoming an accidental time traveler, Mr. Plinkett changes film history.
After his toll booth is struck by lightning, Mr. Plinkett finds himself jumping through time. When he is transported to the Skywalker Ranch during the writing of the Star Wars prequels, he seizes the chance to improve the story quality of the prequels. Upon returning to his own time, Plinkett is dismayed to find that his improvements to the scripts have had unintended consequences, resulting in an Oscar-nominated sequel to Howard the Duck.
Sources for the audio used in the episode are from various RedLetterMedia productions. The incidental music was performed by series creator, Shaun McKinnon.
The production studio's name is seen on Mr. Plinkett's tollbooth.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (October 12, 2013). "Twitter / redlettermedia: Mr. Plinkett: The Animated ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Red Letter Media, LLC (October 12, 2013). "Mr. Plinkett: The Animated Series – Back to the Plinkett". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- ↑ Red Letter Media, LLC (December 10, 2013). "Mr. Plinkett: The Animated Series – Ghost of Christmas Plinkett". RedLetterMedia.com. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "Back to the Plinkett" on RedLetterMedia
- "Back to the Plinkett" on Blip
- "Back to the Plinkett" on YouTube